Madrid is a lively city full of spectacles and entertainment with great shows and musicals. The place for enjoying the best musicals in Madrid is Gran Vía street, where you will find plenty of theatres staging world class musicals, cinemas and also nightclubs for living Madrid’s Nightlife.
Nowadays big name hits such as “The Lion King” or “The Sound of Music” can be watched in Madrid. Whilst the majority of them are in Spanish, you can at least still sing along! The Rialto, Lope de Vega and Teatro Coliseum are the best known and are all on Gran Vía street. The Teatro Caser Calderón next to Sol and Tirso Molina is also recommended, showing currently a funny and daring “The Hole” a cabaret show with great performers.
More spectacles in Madrid.
In Madrid you can find a wide range of plays, opera and dance performances on offer. If you are planning to see a play you must know that the majority spectacles in Madrid are entire in Spanish. If you want to enjoy something typically Spanish, we recommend you to visit the “Teatro de Zarzuela” where you can see a traditional Zarzuela, a typical Spanish operetta. The ticket prices are around 12-30€ for a seat.
You can also enjoy a real tablao flamenco show in some of the tablaos and restaurants in Madrid, like the “El Corral de la Morería“, “Café Chinitas” or “Cardamomo Restaurant“. Where you can wath the spectacle while tasting the best tapas in Madrid paying arond 20-30€ for a seat.
Here’s some of the best theatres in Madrid:
- Teatro Real (the Opera House)
- Teatro La Zarzuela (for typical Spanish opera)
- Teatro Español (Plaza Santa Ana)
Top 5 Musicals in Madrid.
1. The Lion King (El Rey León). Lope de Vega Theatre in Gran Vía street.
2. The Sound of Music (Sonrisas y Lágrimas). Coliseum Theatre in Gran Vía street.
3. Forever King of Pop – Michael Jackson. Nuevo Apolo Theatre in Tirso de Molina Square.
4. The Hole. Cabaret show in Caser Calderón Theatre in Jacinto Benavente Square.
5. Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde. Spectacle entire in English. Alcázar Theatre in Alcalá street.